Edit GameAssembly.dll In A Hex Editor
First, open GameAssembly.dll in a hex editor. I use HxD.
Note: this hack is likely to be pretty brittle. As soon as SquareEnix updates the game, the offset is going to change. Hopefully it doesn't change significantly and the hex values are still pretty near where they are now.
Go to offset 18A0558 in the file (Ctrl-G, then enter the value).
You should see something like this:
The 00 00 C0 3F is the hex representation of the float value 1.5. The default auto battle speed multiplier is 1.5x. You can use a float to hex convertor to figure out what to enter for other values you might want to try (e.g., https://gregstoll.com/~gregstoll/floattohex ).
You need to change the values to little endian format once you determine them. Here are a few options:
00 00 00 40 (2.0x speed)
00 00 20 40 (2.5x speed)
00 00 40 40 (3.0x speed)
00 00 80 40 (4.0x speed)
00 00 a0 40 (5.0x speed)
Replace the value at that offset with the value you want, save the file, and enjoy!
More FINAL FANTASY II guilds
- All Guilds
- FINAL FANTASY II Guide 100
- A comprehensive leveling guide: raising stats and skills through regular gameplay
- FFII - Simplified Bestiary
- FF2: Complete Modding Guide and Index
- 100% Achievements: A Comprehensive Guide
- Easy and quick way to get the Weapon and Magic Tactics achievements
- Final Fantasy II Pixel Remaster - Replacement Font Comparison
- It's Time to Kill the Emperor!!
- FFII Missables Guide