Video Evidence, If You're Sceptical
1. Unlocking And Getting To The Old Set Floor
The Old Set can be unlocked by beating the game once as Cordelia (she can be unlocked by beating the game once as both Jeff and Jules, the 2 starting characters).
After that, once you beat a floor you will now notice new red platforms for you to stand on. These are crucial for making it to the true ending, but you're not here for that, you're here to make some money. So only take the red platform after completing Attic Sanctum, you will be transported to Old Set.
2. Performing The Duplication
Now that you're in Old Set, Its time to duplicate a rat.
1. Knock out Chunks. Chunks can be KO'd in Old Set, despite looking like he would be invincible which thankfully he is not. But again, like all floors which he can spawn on, he takes quite the beating so make sure to give him all you've got. if you're having a bit of trouble, Zal made an incredible guide on rapid firing weapons so be sure to check that out! https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2637287098
2. Leave the room and enter another room. Yeah, its that easy! no complicated button presses or anything of the sort to perform it. Once you leave the room you defeated chunks on he will respawn in the next room you walk into, this is unlike any other floor as he will simply stay KO'd in the room you defeated him in. And when Chunks respawns, all the previous damage you dealt (enough to knock him out) will be reapplied to him once he respawns which will cause him to get knocked out yet again and give you even more money.
3. Rinse and Repeat! You can do this as many times as you like and at least from what I know, there's no limit to how much you can duplicate Chunks. keep on exploiting a mutated, probably 'roided up, weird ass rat until your hearts content!
One More Additional Note Before Someone Points It Out In The Comments.
"Lmao what if you had Tax Forms while doing this???? most op ever??"
Yes and no, while you can exploit this method with Tax Forms (Lose $1 for every second you're in a battle, but gain damage proportionate to your Money) the Devs made it so that Tax Forms does have a limit to where it stops increasing your damage based of your money. But that limit is set pretty high (around $4000 - $6000 I noticed I wasn't getting any extra damage) and is extremely powerful. In the run which I performed the Method in for the video at the start my Boxing Gloves damage increased from about 36 to an insane 85!
So pulling this off with Tax Forms is incredibly OP, but could go even higher if the damage amplification cap wasn't in place.
More Dead Estate guilds
- All Guilds
- Dead Estate al 100% y sobrevivir en el intento.
- What to expect playing Dead Estate
- Dead Estate Uber Guide
- Wimp's guide on knocking off Chunks
- How to get gud if your really bad like me.
- Without a hitch
- Guide 64
- All achievements guide
- Secret room finding
- How to Win Forever (Using Melons)